Diseases of the reproductive system can profoundly affect well-being. The reproductive system is our inheritance, and if we choose, what we pass on to future generations. It is our connection to creativity and a sense of purpose in the world. The health of this system affects our relationships to self and others.
Chinese Medicine is excellent for treating reproductive health issues, including those that elude western medical treatment.
- Mental and emotional imbalances can be either a cause or result (or both) of physical pain, menstrual irregularities, difficulty conceiving, having smooth life transitions, etc. Chinese Medicine can spark hope, help resolve these imbalances and return to health.
- Menstrual irregularities – painful periods, absence of a period, heavy bleeding, irregular periods, etc.
- Chronic pelvic pain – pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, musculoskeletal pain, pain due to an unknown origin
- Miscarriages – support and recovery during and after miscarriage
- Hormonal imbalances – PCOS, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, etc.
- Fertility support – diagnosis of unexplained “infertility”, PCOS, low ovarian reserve, or other hormonal imbalances or structural issues like fibroids, polyps, endometriosis, etc. Can focus on natural conception or work in conjunction with IUI/IVF.
- Pregnancy Support – preparation of the physical and emotional bodies for welcoming a child, management of pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness, musculoskeletal pain, overwhelming emotions, treatments to nourish the fetus and prevent the passing of toxins from mother to child, etc.
- Postpartum Care – postpartum depression and other overwhelming emotions, difficulty bonding, helping the physical body to recover from vaginal or cesarian delivery, nutritional and lifestyle counseling to promote proper healing and to prevent future reproductive system issues. *Postpartum packages available.
- Breastfeeding issues – difficulties with latching & bonding, low milk production, painful breasts & nipples, associated musculoskeletal pain
- Menopausal issues – hot flashes, night sweats, depression, overwhelming emotions, fatigue, dryness, painful intercourse, urinary issues, etc.
- Support through major life transitions – onset of a menstrual cycle and coming-of-age, preparation for motherhood, accepting the aging process, menopause and stepping into wisdom
- Support recovery after surgical procedures – scar treatment, facilitate physical recovery immediately and years after surgery, help process and heal from emotional traumas associated with surgery