Sam Weinberg, DOM, LAc
Doctor of Oriental Medicine
I have always had the great fortune of having the very best teachers. This has been the most profound gift of my life. I am eternally grateful for their guidance and wisdom, their encouragement, and their tireless dedication to their work. It is a privilege to honor them through the practice of this medicine.
My life has been greatly influenced by extensive travel in Kenya, years of work on biodynamic and organic farms, a deep study of astrology, my marriage to a western medical doctor, and the experience of motherhood. All of these experiences have been essential in my personal and professional evolution, and I hope to bring their unique lessons with me in my practice.
While in graduate school I participated in a Classical Acupuncture mentorship led by Dr. Sean Tuten, which focused on how to safely and confidently use the Secondary Vessels. The impact of these teachings is impossible to describe. Through this program I studied with other master practitioners like Ann Cecil-Sterman, Diane Gioioso, Jeffrey Yuen, Dr. John Heuertz and Dr. Claudia Welch, with whom I continue to study. Here I learned the true and infinite possibilities of this medicine.
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine, New Mexico
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Virginia
- NCCAOM certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine, Southwest Acupuncture College, Santa Fe, NM
- Classical Acupuncture Mentorship with Dr. Sean Tuten, Santa Fe, NM
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, Minor in Africana Studies, James Madison University
- Field School in Kenya, James Madison University